Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
;[[General Information|General Information
;[[General Information|General Information Prokaryotic Elements]] :A section providing general information about Transposition and '''T'''ransposable '''E'''lements (TE) with emphasis on prokaryotic elements. It was originally written for ISfinder (https://www-is.biotoul.fr/index.php) with contributions from [https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=WHAtfqcAAAAJ&hl=en P. Siguier] and E. Gourbeyre. It contains historical, mechanistic and genetic information.
Revision as of 14:02, 10 August 2020
Welcome to TnPedia, the TnCentral Wiki
This Tnpedia has been written in an attempt to assemble a body of information (including many of the historical articles) generally dispersed in the literature as an aid to understanding how knowledge has been built up to our present view of the key role played by transposable elements (TE) in prokaryotes – both in influencing gene expression, in driving genome evolution and in facilitating horizontal gene transfer (HGT). It is divided into four sections:
- General Information on Prokaryotic Elements
- A section providing general information about Transposition and Transposable Elements (TE) with emphasis on prokaryotic elements. It was originally written for ISfinder (https://www-is.biotoul.fr/index.php) with contributions from P. Siguier and E. Gourbeyre. It contains historical, mechanistic and genetic information.
- Insertion Sequences (IS) Families
- A second section describing each Insertion Sequence (IS) family in some detail. This section has been entirely updated compared to that which was included in a previous ISfinder version. It contains information from a number of reviews and from the primary literature together with analyses undertaken in the framework of ISfinder and TnCentral. P. Siguier and E. Gourbeyre provided a large proportion of these analyses.
- Transposon families [In progress]
- A third section presenting detailed descriptions of transposon and transposon families written in the framework of TnCentral.
- Transposition Glossary [In progress]
- An alphabetical list of commonly used transposition terms with the definitions for those terms.
All sections will be updated periodically here but can also be accessed through TnCentral.
Acknowledgments: The entries in this Tnpedia have been written by Michael Chandler with contributions from Patricia Siguier and Edith Gourbeyre. Alessandro M. Varani and Danillo O. Alvarenga coded and designed the website and edited the original material.
If you have comments, suggestions, improvements, errors, etc. Please contact Mick Chandler at email@example.com
São Paulo State University (UNESP) - Brazil
|Georgetown University - Washington, D.C - US||Protein Information Resource (PIR)|